More Than The Sum of Our Past
Founded in 1982 by Masako Nashimoto Luttrell, Nashimoto & Associates (N&A) has grown to be well respected & recognized as one of Hawaii's top Japanese/English advertising, marketing & public relations firms. We specialize in luxury retail, visitor attractions, food & beverage, hotel & publishing for multi-national clients. Our expertise, abilities, & experience help clients to grow their business, attain goals, increase high-end global presence & enhance brand reputation by providing full bilingual & cross-cultural services.
In addition to the Japanese, Chinese, & Korean visitor markets, our highly developed expertise in the Hawaii local resident & westbound visitor markets allows us to bridge cultures & provide unique & diverse approaches for successful marketing campaigns. Our 30+ years of commitment & contributions to Hawaii's local community, has organically grown our client base to include international, national, & Hawaii-based companies & organizations. We are fortunate to have a solid past as a good predictor our future.
Founder and President
An award winning businesswoman & award winning watercolor artist, Masako "Nashi" Nashimoto Luttrell has dedicated a lifetime to advancing the art and science called Public Relations. She has pioneered Public Relations methodologies in Hawaii and throughout the pacific region for over 40 years.
Nashi is actively involved in Japan Hawaii Travel Association (JHTA), Member; Retail Merchants of Hawaii (RMH), Retail Tourism Committee, Member & Board of Director; Nippon Club (Consisting of leading Japanese business executives), Member; Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau (HVCB), Member; Hawaii Chinese Tourism Association (HCTA), Member; and the Waikiki Improvement Association (WIA), Member.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Media Arts with Emphasis in Writing for Print, Radio & Television. Media Planning, Media Buying, Campaign Development & Implementation, Press Release (News Release & Fact Sheet) & Editorial Coordination, Production & Design for Leading World Class Luxury Retail Fashion Brands, Shopping Destinations, Tourist Attractions, Activities, Dining, Entertainment & Financial Institutions.
2006 – 2015 (9 years) Queens Gate Community Association, Board of Director/Treasurer
Co-directors nominated, elected by the community for three 3 consecutive three 3 year executive committee terms.
- Japan America Society of Hawaii (JASH) Membership Committee
- Japan Hawaii Travel Association (JHTA), Member
- Retail Merchants of Hawaii (RMH) Retail Tourism Comittee
- Hawaii Chinese Tourism Association (HCTA), Member
- Waikiki Improvement Association (WIA), Member
- Neighborhood Security Watch (NSW) Coordinator, Committee Chair
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA), Cub Scout Den Leader
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. 1989-1992, Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Media Arts with Emphasis in Writing for Print, Radio & Television
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO. 1987-1989, Behavioral Psychology
- Punahou Academy Honolulu, HI. 1984-1987, Peer Counselor
Professional expertise in Japanese & English reading, writing, composition, & translations. Specializing in communications, public relations & coordinating social media between client, media, and influencers. Proficient in Facebook, WordPress, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, & Photoshop.
- BA in communications from Chaminade University, Honolulu.
- Certified as Health Coach from the Integrative Institute of Nutrition.
- Licensed massage therapist (LMT) certified in fundamental prenatal.
- Hospitality Service industry for several years in Hawaii with multi tasking skills in English and Japanese.
- Utilizing social media experience.
- Internship at KSSK Radio at PR department.
- Volunteer work at: Institute of Human Services, Hawaii Public Radio, Lunalilo Elementary School, Chaminade University, Temple Church at Washington State, & Day Care Center at Washington State.
Strong bilingual (Japanese/English) communications, project management, and media relation skills with a carreer of more than 10 years of Corporate Communications/Public Relations (PR) working for leading global companies in Tokyo in the Information Technology (IT), healthcare, and finance industries. The highly developed skill sets come from diversified roles in fast-paced environments which include PR agency/In-house, External/Internal Communications, Global PR, Crisis Communications, Business to Consumer, Business to Business, and Corporate Social Responsibility. Led many global announcements and events to success under tough and dynamic conditions, awarded the "Most Valuable Player" on three occasions.
- B.A. in American Studies from Japan Women’s University; Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- Studied outside of Japan: Syracuse University
- Majored in International Relations; Syracuse University Chancellor’s Scholarship recipient.
- Attended Maxwell-Washington International Relations Semester Program.
- Interned with Japan America Society of Washington, D.C. (JASW).
- Volunteered for Room to Read, The Great East Japan Earthquake recovery project(s), and Solidarités Jeunesses.
Nashimoto & Associates’ affiliate agreement with Imiloa Inc. (Tokyo) adds a solid international depth for clients seeking to strengthen or expand their brand into Japan & Asian markets or conversely Asian clients seeking to enter U.S. markets.
Specializing in upscale & luxury products and services, our combined resources deliver seamless language integration, faster rollout with flexibility to quickly adapt to market trends, especially in the rapid paced e-Commerce environment.
Imiloa projects listed on the website include: